Join Dr. Adnan Baranbo in the 24th Episode of AVIAPRENEURS about the Business Charter Brokerage Industry featuring The President of Icarus Jet, Mr. Kevin Singh.
Mr. Kevin Singh
A pilot, chief pilot, aviator, instructor, and Aviapreneur from the USA, and originally from India. Kevin has more than 25 years of professional experience in the aviation industry and he’s the founder and president of Icarus Jet, a charter brokerage, aircraft management, and trip support service provider based in Dallas, USA with branches in the UK, Kenya, and UAE. Kevin started his career as a flight instructor at Blue Line Flight school, and he later worked as a pilot for various companies including Energy Equipment and Resources in the US, and ESSAR in India. He later worked as an instructor for Alkan Air in Egypt, till he started Icarus Jet in 2010.
Watch this Episode to know Mr. Kevin’s answers to the following questions:
- The industry has achieved remarkable growth over the years and has had the best times in the last two years, the same as the whole air charter industry. Do you see this growth continuing?
- What value does the business aircraft charter broker provide to the passenger that makes them continue to work with the broker continuously rather than bypassing them to work with the operator directly?
- Do you see that phenomenon which is called disintermediation impacting the aircraft charter brokerage soon and making the role of the brokers not needed?
- Shouldn’t this industry be regulated so that brokers must prove minimum experience and training, besides technical and financial requirements to be able to do business in this area?
- You’re a pilot. You spent a big part of your career flying airplanes and teaching others how to do that as well. Later you decided to move on and set up your own aviation business. What made you make that move?
- Do you still fly? And which one do you enjoy more, flying or managing and growing the business?
- How different are the technical skills from the business skills, and do you consider the technical experience sufficient for those who wish to climb the corporate ladder and run or set up aviation companies?
- what recommendations do you give for those pilots or any other aviation professionals willing to become Aviapreneurs and start their own aviation products or businesses?
All of this and more on the 24th Episode of AVIAPRENEURS!