General Manager at Buffalo Airways and the Owner of Plane Savers YouTube Show
Join Dr. Adnan Baranbo in the 19th Episode of AVIAPRENEURS talking about Producing Social Media Aviation Reality Show features the General Manager at Buffalo Airways and the Owner of Plane Savers YouTube Show, Mr. Mikey McBryan.
Mr. Mikey McBryan
An Aviapreneur from Canada. The General Manager of Buffalo Airways, and the owner of Plane Savers YouTube show, besides being a TV personality in the 6 series TV Show Ice Pilots NWT.
Watch this Episode to know Mr. Mikey’s answers to the following questions:
- An Airline General Manager who turned into a TV personality! What an interesting success story. Many airline executives achieved success and became the center of the news attention. However, none of them or their airlines become the subject of a TV show. How did you and Buffalo Airways make that transition?
- After the success you have achieved on TV in Ice Pilots NWT, you established your own YouTube show: Plane Savers, a show that also has a massive following and a lot of media attention. While aviation influencers normally attract audiences who’re interested to know more about travel, destinations, airplane seats, and service, it’s not very common to have an audience and followers for technical shows on how to return life into a dead aircraft if I may say it in this way. Where did you get the idea for this show, and how did you capture the public attention to it?
- Your career as an airline professional and general manager impacted your media and TV career, but what about the other way around? How did being a TV personality and aviation content creator affect your aviation career and your airline Buffalo Airways?
- Buffalo Airways is notorious for operating old airplanes from the WWII era, and operating missions that all other airlines shy away from. Did those rare aircraft you operate, and the niche areas you operate, contribute to your airline’s success and growth?
- You recently acquired B737 cargo aircraft, an aircraft that was operated by the Spanish Swift Air before. What opportunity do you see in the air cargo market for Buffalo Airways?
- You’re truly a successful Aviapreneur who can turn each opportunity into a successful business. The fame you and Buffalo Airways achieved, and the massive followers you have gathered, led you to establish Buffalo Air ware, a business that sells merchandise for the airline and the TV show ICE Pilots NWT. How’s this business doing?
- Before you were the General Manager of Buffalo Airways, it was your father Joe McBryan who was leading the airline more than 50 years ago, since its start in 1970, and it’s well known that Buffalo Airways is a family-run airline. Since when you were involved in the business and you joined the airline, did you always know you will lead it one day?
- We’re living at a time when each professional, whether in aviation or in non-aviation industries, needs to have a parallel career in social media and content creation besides their original career. Building a personal brand and having big followers are kind of a guaranteed way of success in any career. What’s your advice and recommendation for Aviapreneurs willing to succeed in creating content related to their aviation profession and the businesses they’re running?
All of this and more on the 19th Episode of AVIAPRENEURS!